1. Educates the community about issues and activities
concerning the Avenues.
2. Encourages involvement of neighbors through
monthly meetings, volunteerism, street fairs, and other community
events including block parties.
3. Encourages the improved walkability of neighborhoods
by having maintained sidewalks and drainage systems, more trees,
maintained yards and gardens and improved lighting.
4. Encourages places that support relationships
among residents, including small business, coffee shops and clean
5. Supports an adequate number of law/safety
officers to meet the needs of the community, in combination with
crime prevention programs and citizen involvement.
6. Supports historic preservation.
7. Supports the increased maintenance and enhanced
improvements of the Avenues' parks and foothills for the multiple
uses of all residents.
8. Promotes neighborhood involvement for well
thought out traffic control and planning, and utilization of public